My budget has been extremely tight lately, so I’ve been trying very hard not to spend a lot of money on books, but as you can probably surmise that’s not easy for me. I was doing fairly well, then in the past week alone I’ve bought five new books that will be added to my TBR pile (like I need any more books for my TBR pile). My one consolation is that nearly every book on this list was purchased either as a bargain book or used.
Here is my overall book haul for the month of February (as usual, I managed to buy more books than I actually read this month):
- The Color Purple by Alice Walker – The February read for Emma Watson’s book club.
- Twisted Sisters by Jennifer Lancaster – The only book by Lancaster I have not yet read.
- The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern – The April read for my scifi/fantasy book club.
- Queen of the Tearling by Erika Johansen – I’ve been told so many times I need to read this.
- Days of Blood and Starlight by Laini Taylor – I wasn’t thrilled by the first book, but am still curious about the series.
- The Last Unicorn by Peter S. Beagle – It’s a classic and I feel I need to read it.
- Me Before You by JoJo Moyes – I’ve been hearing a lot about this novel lately and was curious.
One of my goals for 2016 is to only buy books that I’m going to read right away, so hopefully I get through this stack quickly (though only three are on my current reads and/or TBR list for March. We’ll see what I accomplish. Which ones interest you most out of this stack? What books have you recently picked up and can’t wait to read?