Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Today’s topic is the Top Ten Books on My Spring TBR List. As always there are way more than 10 books on my current TBR list (more like 10 times 10) but I’m going to try to list the 10 that I am most interested in reading as soon as possible. Then, maybe since I’ve listed it here for you all to see I’ll actually stick to the list and read all these books this spring.
Top Ten Books on My Spring TBR List:
- Queen of the Tearling by Erika Johansen – A friend of mine has been trying to get me to read this book for over a year and I finally picked up a copy last month.
- The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern – This would actually be a reread for me. I read this book years ago and absolutely loved it. I’m excited it was chosen for my book club’s April meeting as I love having an excuse to read it again.
- Night Study by Maria V. Snyder – I am actually surprised I haven’t yet read this book, as I’ve been anxiously awaiting the release for over a year now. I love everything Snyder has written, especially the Study series. After the way Shadow Study ended, I can’t wait to see what happens next for Yelena and Valek.
- All About Love: New Visions by bell hooks – This is the March book selection for Emma Watson’s book club. I love that this book club is getting me to step out of my comfort zone and read titles that I might not have considered otherwise.
- The Forgetting Time by Sharon Guskin – This novel sounded really interesting, so I was excited when a free finished copy was sent to the bookstore and I was allowed to claim it. I’m looking forward to reading this one.
- The Accident Season by Moira Fowley-Doyle – The ARC for this has been sitting on my TBR pile for months and I meant to get to it before Christmas, but then I got super distracted and barely read anything for two months. Hopefully I’ll be getting to this one soon.
- Days of Blood and Starlight by Laini Taylor – I didn’t love the first book of this series, Daughter of Smoke and Bone, but I am still curious about the series. I’m hoping that all the setup in the first novel means that the second one will be a lot more interesting.
- The Witch’s Daughter by Paula Brackston – I helped a customer find this book at the bookstore one day and it piqued my interest. Since then I found it in a used bookstore and couldn’t resist picking up a copy.
- Tell The Wind and Fire by Sara Rees Brennan – I received this ARC about a month or so ago and it sounds really interesting. I wanted to get to it right away, but naturally it’s been sitting in a pile. I’m hoping to get to it very soon.
- The Widow by Fiona Barton – This ARC arrived just before Christmas and I haven’t had a chance to get to it yet. The comparisons to The Girl on a Train makes me nervous, because I really didn’t like that novel, but it still sounds interesting enough that I’d like to give it a chance.
So there is my Spring TBR list, as it stands right now. I have no doubt that it will change – books will be added, removed, replaced, etc. However, for the time being I intend to try to read these 10 books by the end of Spring (in addition to the four books I am currently in the middle of reading at the moment). Even now I can think of at least 2 or 3 books that I will likely be adding to this list.
Which of these books needs to be immediately bumped to the top of my list? Are there any that you don’t see, which you think I should add? What books are on your Spring TBR list?