Hello Readers! (Authors and publishers may skip ahead) The internet is an ever-evolving place, as is this blog. Until recently I have avoided using a star system for my reviews because I feel like a number of stars can’t properly signify my views on a book. I hate rating books with stars on Goodreads, because everyone has different standards for what receives how many stars. However, I know a lot of readers like seeing that rating at the top of a review to give them an idea up front how I felt about the book. Therefore, I am developing a system. Be warned: this may evolve as well. (Also, I will probably occasionally use half stars as well.)
- 5 stars: I absolutely loved this book and could not put it down. I will likely be telling everyone I know to read it for at least the next 6 months to a year.
- 4 stars: I really, really liked this book. It doesn’t quite compete with those amazing books that get 5 stars, but I enjoyed reading it and will recommend it to anyone else I think will like it as well.
- 3 stars: I liked this book, but it had some flaws and wasn’t perfect. It probably won’t be one I would reread in the future, but I’m still glad I gave it a chance.
- 2 stars: Meh. It may have had some positive aspects, but for the most part I found it lacked anything to really draw me in and I probably won’t be recommending it to anyone else.
- 1 star: Nope. I hated this book. It was either boring or just awful and I definitely won’t recommend anyone read it. In fact, I may recommend people DON’T read it.
- DNF: Very rarely do I ever not finish a book I’ve started, but it may happen. I will probably still review it at some point, just explain why I didn’t finish it, and give readers the opportunity to convince me to give it a second chance.
Greetings Authors and Publishers! First of all, I would like to thank you for showing an interest in allowing me to review your book. I am currently accepting review requests and I am open to receiving Advance Reading Copies and Review Copies of books in physical form (preferred) or ebook (I prefer Kindle compatible files, but will also accept ePUB; no DRM, please).
When contacting me with a request, please include: title, author, expected release date, brief summary, and format of the ARC/review copy as well any other information you would like to include. If you have a preferred time when you would like a review published, please include that as well.
My preferred genres include:
- Young Adult (preferably Sci/Fantasy)
- General fiction/literature
I also read:
- Historical Fiction
I am always open to trying new things, so if your request doesn’t happen to fall within one these categories I will still consider it. However, no erotica please.
By accepting or receiving a book I cannot guarantee that it will be read or reviewed immediately, however I will make every attempt to do so in a timely manner. I will give ARCs priority and attempt to publish a review within a month prior to or following the release date. If you have already specified a preferred timeframe I will make every attempt to work within those parameters.
I am beholden to my readers to give them a fair and unbiased opinion of the book, therefore I cannot promise my reviews will always be positive, however they will be honest and never malicious in nature. My reviews will reflect my opinion only. Please don’t expect a glowing review simply because you have provided me with a copy of the book – I appreciate this, but my reputation as a book blogger relies on my honesty.
I am open to hosting giveaways or other promotional events if you would like to discuss them in advance. I will need to approve any such event and determine if it will be to the benefit of my audience.
Contact me if you have any questions or would like to submit a request.