The second of these award posts I’m trying to catch up on is the Sunshine Blogger Award. Thanks to The Lit Mermaid for nominating me!
- Thank the person/people who nominated you
- Answer the questions from your nominators.
- Nominate eleven other bloggers and give them eleven questions.
Well, that sounds easy enough! Here goes nothing…
Questions I’m answering:
1. If you had only 24 hours to live, what would you do? I honestly don’t know. I’d like to answer something cool like skydiving, but it’d probably be something way nerdier than that, like track down Tom Hiddleston and get a hug before I die.
2. If you could have any super power, what would it be and why? Now this is something that I have thought about on many occasions! I used to think I wanted telepathy, but I’d probably get tired of hearing everyone’s thoughts. (And who really wants to know what everyone is thinking all the time?) I think I’d like to have a power similar to Rogue’s – where I can absorb and manifest anyone else’s powers. Except I’d want full control so I can turn it on and off (and not have to worry about touching people).
3. Are you allergic to anything? Lots of things. Mostly the outdoors. Pollen, trees, grass, mold, cats, dogs (fortunately the last two aren’t severe enough to make me give up my pets).
4. Who’s your favorite author? That question is just too hard. I don’t have one. I love Neil Gaiman, Tana French, Jim Butcher, Jen Lancaster, Maria Snyder … and the list goes on.
5. Blue or green eyes? I have blue, but I like green.
6. Are you a member of a book club? Yep! We’re a scifi/fantasy book club called Watch the Skies.
7. What time do you usually get up in morning? Too early. It really depends on if I’m working that morning or not. I’m not a morning person, but if I’m working I’m up around 7 (my alarm actually goes off for the first time around 6:30) and if not then it’s usually between 8:30 and 9. I am not a morning person.
8. Any goal you have for yourself? Right now I really want to finish the book I started a year ago and can’t seem to finish. I’m about halfway through it. My life goal is to be some sort of writer. I just want to get paid to do what I love.
9. What always makes you laugh? The IT Crowd. Amy Poehler. The Princess Bride.
10. How do you take your coffee/tea? Coffee: LOTS of cream and sugar Tea: tiny bit of milk and 2 tsp suger.
11. What was the last thing you geeked-out about? At the time I’m writing this the answer would be when J.K. Rowling tweeted that James Sirius Potter was sorted into Gryffindor house. (I’m scheduling this post, so I’m sure something will come up in the meantime, but that really had me geeking out because I am a HUGE Harry Potter nerd.)
Questions I’m asking:
- What was your last book hangover?
- Where is your favorite spot to read?
- What book should be made into a TV series?
- What is your favorite quote?
- What is your favorite non reading/blogging activity?
- Where is your dream vacation?
- What book do you recommend people NOT read?
- Physical book or eBook?
- What book on your TBR pile are you most excited about but never get to?
- What class do you wish was offered in school (or had been while you were there)?
- What is at the top of your Christmas wish list?
People I’m Nominating:
As I did with my previous Blogger Recognition Award post, I’m afraid I’m going to have to break the rules here. I’ve been nominated for three of these types of awards in the past week or so, and each comes with a rule about nominating 10-15 people. That’s nearly 40 blogs when you add it all up! That’s a lot of blogs. (Unless I just nominated the same ones each time, but that feels like cheating.) So, what I’m going to do instead is nominate five other blogs for each of these awards.