Now I think I’m all caught up on these awards! Sorry it took me so long. Thank you to Reader in a Reverie for nominating me for this one!
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and add a link to their blog in your post.
- Answer the questions provided by the blogger who nominated you.
- Nominate ten other bloggers.
- Create ten questions for your nominees and notify them of their nomination.
Questions I’m Answering:
- If you could take any fictional character to the cinema, who would you take, and what film would you see? I honestly have no idea, and I’ve been thinking about this forever. This is probably a boring answer, but I’m going with Elizabeth Bennett. Mostly because I think she’d be fun to hang out with. And I think we’d go see some adaptation of an Austen book.
- Why did you start a blog? I really love writing and sharing my opinions on stuff
- Your favourite blog post (the post you most enjoyed writing)? I’m not sure it’s my favorite, but the one I’m most proud of is actually a two-part post that started as a grad school assignment about female characters on television. It’s called, ‘”But You’re Just a Girl:” Television and the Strong Female Lead.’ The link to part two is at the bottom of that post.
- Favourite male character? So hard! I honestly don’t know if I have one, but at this very moment I’d probably go with Mark Watney from The Martian, because I’ve read the book twice this summer and just love his sense of humor.
- Favourite female character? Again, I don’t know if I really have one. I love Elizabeth Bennett of course, and Yelena from the Study series by Maria Snyder.
- Least favourite character? Dolores Umbridge. No other character has made my skin crawl as much as her. I also really dislike Quentin Coldwater from The Magicians.
- If you could pair a fictional book character with a Disney character, who would you pair and why (romantically or otherwise)? I’m totally cheating and picking a Marvel character, since technically they’re Disney. I’d love to see how Tony Stark and Harry Dresden would get along. The snark would be through the roof (plus Harry would accidentally hex every one of Tony’s nifty little gadgets).
- The book that made you the most emotional? Harry Potter, without a doubt. I still go through every emotion possible every time I read through those books. They are still incredible.
- A song that reminds you of a book? It doesn’t remind me of a specific book, but every time I hear “Radioactive” by Imagine Dragons I think of some dystopian world. Actually that’s not true – I’m currently reading Red Rising and “Radioactive” reminds me of that a little.
- If you could take any character and put them into another book world, who would you put in what world? These are all great and clever questions, I apologize that I have rather boring answers! I think I’d take Celaena from Throne of Glass and put her in Ixia (The Study series). I think she would get along great with Yelena and be a perfect lieutenant for Valek.
Questions I’m Asking:
- What is your Patronus?
- What is your favorite quote from the book you’re currently reading?
- What book should be made into a TV series?
- What book do you recommend people NOT read?
- If you could travel to any fictional world, what would it be and what would you do there?
- What do you like to do when you’re not reading?
- What is your favorite non-romantic ship/pair?
- What book is your go-to recommendation?
- Where is your favorite spot to read?
- Which characters, from two separate books/series, would you like to see interact with eachother?
People I’m Nominating:
As I stated in my previous Award posts this week, I’m breaking the rules a little at this point. I’ve been nominated for three of these types of awards in the past week or so, and each comes with a rule about nominating 10-15 people. That’s nearly 40 blogs when you add it all up! That’s a lot of blogs. (Unless I just nominated the same ones each time, but that feels like cheating.) So, what I’m going to do instead is nominate five other blogs for each of these awards.