Last year I participated in ARC August, hosted by Read.Sleep.Repeat. for the very first time and was able to make a nice dent in my ARC pile. I enjoyed it so much I decided to try again this year.
This year I’m pretty sure that pile is even larger than last year’s pile, but I’ve been reading at a slower pace so I’m not sure I’ll be nearly as successful as I was last year, but here’s hoping I get through at least some of the books on my pile!
Despite knowing I will be unlikely to make it through a large stack of ARCs, I’m still being rather ambitious in my plans for this month’s reading. Most of these are books that have now been out a while and I just haven’t found the time to read them, but a few have yet to be published. My list of ARCs include:
- The Fifth Petal by Brunonia Barry
- The Widow by Fiona Barton
- I Let You Go by Clare Mackintosh
- Behind Closed Doors by B.A. Paris
- A Hundred Thousand Worlds by Bob Proehl
- The Wonder by Emma Donoghue
- The Outliers by Kimberly McCreight
- The Sudden Appearance of Hope by Claire North (an eARC)
- All the Missing Girls by Megan Miranda (not pictured)
I know that’s a pretty long list, but I also know I can do it if I put my mind to it – I’m just worried there are so many other things going on this month that I just might not have the time. But if you follow along here each week I’ll be updating you on my progress!
1 thought on “It’s Time for ARC August 2016!”
All the Missing Girls was really a fast read. I was so engrossed I flew through it! I’ll look forward to hearing how Wonder is, I’m very curious. GL with all the reading!