I know it’s been a while since I’ve posted here, and if you’re a reader who actually visits my site here you may notice a new look. I’m actually in the process of revamping the design, so it may even change again in the coming days/weeks. (So stop in often!) I suspect the content will likely shift a little more too. Instead of focusing entirely on reading, I’ll be transitioning this into more of a lifestyle blog, though I haven’t yet worked out the details on what that will look like. But don’t worry! I still plan to write the occasional review, because I still love books and still do a lot of reading (though not nearly as much as I would like.)
Life has been busy the last couple years, but in looking ahead to 2019, I found there are 3 specific goals I would like to work toward:
Spend more time focusing on, and building my side business with Perfectly Posh.
Develop a strategic plan for my blog, and through execution, build my blog brand and identity.
Plan for success in both the above goals by improving my time management skills through consistent use of my Bullet Journal.
Intellectually I know that I am not “too busy” to be successful, it’s just that I’m terrible at time management, and often would prefer to pick up a book than my to do list. However, I want this year to be different – which is why the most important goal on that list is #3.
If you’re not familiar with Bullet Journaling, but enjoy using planners, pens, writing, and any of the above, I recommend you check out bulletjournal.com (the original method). I also happen to be a big fan of Boho Berry. A few months ago I signed up for her subscription box, and it’s probably my favorite thing of 2018. I love her designs – in her box she always includes stickers as well as washi tape that she has designed herself – and her taste in everything else that she includes in the box.
I just received the January box and it has me so excited about 2019. It was missing one item, which will be sent separately, but everything else has me very excited about getting my journal set up and ready to go for the new year. Here’s a quick run down of what I received:
- Tombow Mono Drawing Pen – I love Tombow markers. They’re my go-to for adding pops of color to my journal, for my mood tracker, and so many other things. I haven’t yet tried their drawing pens, but the fine felt tip is perfect for writing in my journal.
- Pink Platinum Preppy, Fine Nib – I can’t tell you how much I love these pens. Sure, I love my expensive fountain pens too, but these write so well, and they come an a great variety of colors. Plus, they’re super cheap (usually around $5) so they’re easy to buy in quantity. These would make a great starter fountain pen if you’re not sure what you’re getting yourself into. (I’ll update this to link to the Goulet Pens site when it’s back up after the new year!)
- Sampler Stickers/Month Headers/January Tracker – One of my favorite things about the box is the inclusion of the stickers designed by Kara herself! These are always fun to use, and the tracker saves me from setting up my own!
- Bunting Washi Tape – I love that she also includes Washi Tape each month – because what bujo-er doesn’t love washi? And she even designs some herself! She has created some beautifully designed tapes, I love them all.
- Confetti Tassel Clip – I honestly think this might be my favorite item in the box. It’s simple, yet brightly colored and just adds a bit of color and fun to your journal. I am a big fan.
With the aid of the items in my monthly Boho Berry Boxes, I’m hoping I will be able to maintain my enthusiasm for bullet journaling, and funnel that into working towards my goals and achieving more success in the new year. Which also means you’ll hopefully be hearing from me more in 2019.
And just in case you’re interested in signing up for your own Boho Berry subscription, feel free to use this link and help me earn credit on my subscription!