Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly blogging prompt hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl. In honor of Valentine’s Day, this week’s topic is a Love-themed Freebie.
I do not read a lot of romance books. Sure, a lot of the books I read may contain romance (let’s be honest, what book doesn’t have at least a little?) but I do not read romance novels, so I feel limited in this particular area. So, I’m going to cheat a little. Several years ago this was also a freebie and I chose My Favorite Literary Couples.
I’m going to attempt to do this again, selecting couples I did not put on this list (which will make it harder). So without further ado, here they are (in no particular order).
Top Ten Literary Couples I also like:
- Feyre and Rhysand (A Court of Mist and Fury) – If you’ve only read the first book in this series, then I supposed this is kind of a big spoiler (sorry). I never expected to love these two as much as I do, but Rhysand surprised me and I fell in love with him along with Feyre.
- Celia and Marco (The Night Circus) – This is probably my favorite novel ever; I’ve actually just recent re-read it. I love this book and the bond between these two.
- Lyra and Niall (Navigating the Stars) – I love Lyra’s attitude and spunkiness throughout this book, and Niall’s more serious demeanor is a perfect complement.
- Tristran and Yvaine (Stardust) – This is my favorite of Gaiman’s novels – I love fantastical fairy tale, and these two are just wonderful.
- Alec and Magnus (The Mortal Instruments) – Come on, what’s not to love about these two? Alec’s quite, introverted personality paired with Magnus’s flamboyance? They were one of my favorite parts of the series.
- Aelin and Rowan (Heir of Fire) – Is it cheating to put two couples by the same author on this list? They’re in different series! I joined #TeamRowan almost immediately. He just seemed to complement Aelin so much better than any other character in the series.
- Kitty and Levin (Anna Karenina) – Kitty and Levin were by far the best couple in this novel. While every other marriage or relationship was falling apart, and everyone was treating each other horribly, Kitty and Levin were kind to each other and worked so hard to make each other happy.
- Harry and Karen (The Dresden Files) – I don’t care if they’re still not technically a couple, you know it’s going to happen. I’ve been on board this ship for so very long, and it keeps almost getting there.
- Mia and Ashlinn (Nevernight) – I’ve only actually read the first book of this series, and I was so disappointed when Ashlinn betrayed everyone because I was totally feeling a connection between these two. But they’re going to make my list anyway.
- Crowley and Aziraphale (Good Omens) – I just couldn’t resist. I mean, sure they’re not technically a couple but come on. They’re the longest lasting relationship of any of those on this list and they’re perfect together.
There! I managed not to duplicate any (thought it was hard). Who are your favorite couples?