After my wedding – once I no longer had to worry about saving every penny I could – one of the first things I did for myself was sign up for a FabFitFun subscription. I had heard a lot about them over the years, and have seen numerous adds constantly in my Facebook feed, and finally decided to give it a try. Because who doesn’t love random happy deliveries of fun stuff?
I’ll be honest and say my first box in the fall was less than exciting. The one item I had selected – which I was most excited about – ended up being kind of “meh” and the rest of the items in the box were mostly things I wasn’t interested in. One – a super fancy face wash with truffle extract in it – I couldn’t even use because it also contained Chamomile, which I have determined I am allergic to. I decided I would give them one more chance, and if the second box was equally lackluster I would just cancel my subscription.
Thanks to all the USPS delivery issues, and the Christmas rush, my box arrived nearly a month later than I had expected it to (it apparently got trapped in Jersey for two weeks). While that wasn’t a great start to their second chance box, I couldn’t exactly hold it against them.
This time, I opened the box and was almost immediately IN LOVE. Nearly every item in this box is something very much me, or something that I am definitely more than willing to try. I am so happy with this box, and will definitely be keeping my subscription. I decided I would also share my box with my readers, in case anyone else is curious about trying out the subscription and wondering if it is actually worth it. (This box was definitely worth it.)
My Winter FabFitFun Box Revealed:
- Unhide Lil’ Marsh Blanket (50″x60″) – This was one of the items I was able to select. It is AMAZING. It’s fluffy on one side, velour-like on the other and So. Cozy. I’ve always wanted a blanket like this, but my husband always says we have plenty of blanks (how can anyone have enough blankets) so when I saw this as an option I jumped on it, and I’m so glad I did. Based on how much I love this, and the regular price of these blankets (more than I paid for the whole box), this box was worth the cost of the subscription just for this item alone. Everything else is just bonus.
- Lily Pulitzer Mugs – This was another item that I was able to choose. My husband and I already have a plethora of mugs in our cabinets, and really no room for two more, but these were so cute, and also the best of the options for this selection. I really do love the color and design. I’m looking forward to having tea in these mugs!
- Laura Geller Cinnamon + Spice Eye Shadow Palette – This was the last of the items I was able to select. Honestly, I only chose this one because it was the best of the options for this category. I already have a couple palettes I love and the last thing I need is more eye shadow, but I went with it anyway and I’m glad I did. The colors in person are way better than I expected from the image online, and they are definitely within my color palette. They also go on well, are nicely pigmented and last all day.
- Muk-Luk Socks – These socks are knit on the outside and lined with faux sherpa on the inside and so very warm. They are my new favorite thing because my feet are always cold. This pair in particular was designed specifically for FabFitFun, so you can’t buy them online, but they have a lot of other wonderfully cozy items available! I am wearing them right now and my feet have never been so comfortable.
- Beautaniq Beauty Guardian Angel Revitalising Eye Gels – I feel like FabFitFun was reading my mind with this item. Lately I’ve been wanting to find something that works well for under my eyes and these appeared in my box. I haven’t tried them yet, but since self care and pampering was one of the reasons I signed up for this subscription, I’m very excited to try them out!
- Londontown® Get Well Nail Recovery Treatment – This was another case of FabFitFun reading my mind. I have so much trouble with my nails breaking and peeling – I’ve been planning to look for a good nail strengthener to use. I tried this one almost right away and so far I’m happy with it! I just love that it adds a shine to my nail, making them look nice even when there’s no color on them.
- Daily Concepts® Daily Facial Dry Brush – Ok, I admit this one is a little odd. I had never even HEARD of a facial brush before I received this (roller yes, but not a brush). Apparently you brush your face with it after you’ve cleansed and it’s supposed to help tone your face and reduce puffiness. I’ve just started using it, so I can’t say it definitely works yet, but it is interesting!
- Paradox Lucky Stars Blemish Patches – Who doesn’t like to have a good blemish patch on hand? I haven’t gotten to use them yet, but I know I will likely get an opportunity before too long. And of the three items that this could have been, I’m really glad this was the one chosen for my box!
I’m pretty sure my favorite items from this box have to be the blanket and the socks. I love anything that’s warm and cozy and both of those just made me so very happy. So, the answer to whether this box was worth it? Definitely. They totally nailed everything in this box, which has me looking forward to Spring already.
Interested in giving yourself a little something extra by signing up? Click here!