Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week’s category is Top Ten Books I’ve Recently Added To My TBR list.
It feels good to be sitting down and figuring out a Top Ten list again! I’ve really missed posting on a regular basis.
My TBR list is kind of an ever-growing and evolving monster of a thing that has long since taken on a mind of it’s own (I’m sure you all can relate). I can never seem to keep up, and new books are constantly being added before I can even get to the stacks and stacks of books that I still haven’t read. I know I’m not alone in this! But here are some of the most recent additions to my list.
Top Ten Recent Additions to My TBR:
- My Life on the Road by Gloria Steinem – As I mentioned in yesterday’s post, I’m following Emma Watson’s book club on Goodreads and this is the first book on the list. I haven’t quite gotten to start it yet, but it’s next on my list.
- The Lies of Locke Lamora by Scott Lynch – I know very little about this book, but it was mentioned a couple times in book club meetings, so I’ve added it to my TBR. It sounds interesting.
- Firstlife by Gena Showalter – I’ve never read anything by Showalter, but I was given an ARC of her new YA book and it sounded kind of interesting.
- The Widow by Fiona Barton – This ARC arrived just before Christmas and sounded really interesting. It’s compared to The Girl on the Train, which causes a little hesitation since I really didn’t like that book at all, but it still intrigues me enough that I look forward to reading it.
- Wolf by Wolf by Ryan Graudin – This was added to my TBR list late last year. I’m not typically a fan of alternate history, but the person who originally recommended The Martian (a.k.a. “My favorite book read in 2015”) to me recommended this as well, so I really can’t ignore it.
- Night Study by Maria V. Snyder – I guess technically this isn’t a new addition to my TBR, since I’ve known it was coming out and I would be reading it as soon as possible, but it’s being released next week so it’ll get bumped up on my TBR list.
- Truthwitch by Susan Dennard – Ok, so technically I added this to my TBR list months ago, but now it’s finally been released and I can actually read it.
- The Sparrow by Mary Doria Russell – This was another recommendation by the friend who recommended The Martian.
- Passenger by Alexandra Bracken – I’ve been hearing so much about this book that I’ve finally gotten curious.
- Jackaby by William Ritter – This book has been sort of hovering near my TBR list for a while now, but while I was interested, I wasn’t in a hurry to get to it. However, it was a $1.99 ebook deal a couple weeks ago so I couldn’t resist. Now I’m looking forward to reading it.
So there is my list; I’m sure there are many more I am forgetting, of which I will be reminded as soon as I start reading other bloggers’ Top Ten lists. Which books have recently been added to your TBR lists? Which (that aren’t mentioned here) should I be adding to mine?