Top Ten Tuesday: 2015 Releases I Missed Reading

Posted on

Top Ten Tuesday

Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week’s category is a freebie, so I’ve decided to go back and do one from a couple weeks ago I had missed: Top Ten 2015 Releases I Meant To Get To But Didn’t.

There are a lot of books I really wanted to read last year, but just never got around to them, especially after things started getting so busy around the holidays. I’m sure there are many more I’m forgetting about that didn’t make it onto this list. Most of the books listed here are books that I am very interested in reading as soon as possible, so hopefully it won’t be long before I get to them.

Top 10 2015 Releases I Meant to Get to But Didn’t:

1. A Darker Shade of Magic by V.E. Schwab – I honestly know very little about this book, I have just heard so much about it that I’m now at the point where I really want to read it just to satisfy my curiosity. I know the second book is coming out soon, and I’ll probably want to read that as well.
  2. Wolf by Wolf by Ryan Graudin – About 8 months ago someone recommended I read The Martian, and now I read everything she recommends (and I’ve been happy with them all so far). This was her latest recommendation and I’ve heard many other good things about it as well. I hope to get to it soon.
  3. Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas – Given how much I love Maas’s Throne of Glass series I can’t believe I haven’t gotten to this one yet. I’ve heard so many wonderful things about it and I can’t wait to read it, I just haven’t seemed to find the time yet.
  4. Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard – This wasn’t very high on my TBR list until a friend read it several months ago and told me I really needed to get to it.
  5. Between the World and Me by Ta-Nehisi Coates – I heard a lot about this book last year, and it sounds so powerful. It’s a very short read, I just need to make the time to read it.
  6. Head Full of Ghosts by Paul Tremblay – I picked up an ARC of this when I saw it laying on a table at the book store, and one of my managers told me it was really good (and he loves these kind of books) so I’ve been looking forward to reading it. I just haven’t been able to get to it yet. I hope soon, because I’m so curious about it and I’ve heard so many good things.
  7. The Accident Season by Moira Fowley-Doyle – The ARC for this has been sitting on my TBR pile for months and I meant to get to it before Christmas, but then I got super distracted and barely read anything for two months. Hopefully I’ll be getting to this one soon.
  8. Trigger Warning by Neil Gaiman – I know. I KNOW. How can I call myself a Neil Gaiman fan when I STILL haven’t read all of Trigger Warning? This needs to happen soon. I am ashamed.
  9. Modern Romance by Aziz Ansari – I’ve been really missing Parks and Rec lately. Plus, I picked this up one day while working in the book store and just read the first few pages and loved it, so I really need to take time to read the entire book because I’m pretty sure it’s going to be good.
  10. Furiously Happy by Jenny Lawson – I still haven’t even read Lawson’s first memoir, but every time I look at this book on the shelf I just want to grab it and start reading. I love the cover so much.

So there is my list. What books from 2015 are still on your TBR list? Which books should I start with? What Top 10 lists did you create today?

13 thoughts on “Top Ten Tuesday: 2015 Releases I Missed Reading

Lauren @ Always Me said:
    January 28, 2016 at 2:52 pm

You should drop everything and pick up A Darker Shade of Magic – and then read The Accident Season next. 🙂
    Check out my TTT.

Liked by 1 person

Amanda said:
    January 27, 2016 at 11:56 am

I loved Trigger Warning! And ACOTAR was really great. Wolf by Wolf and Furiously Happy are two I need to get on my library list for sure!

Reg | She Latitude said:
    January 26, 2016 at 11:35 pm

I read Red Queen and didn’t really like it, but I’m also really curious on Modern Romance. I heard it’s really funny. 😛

My TTT is about Australian books. 🙂

Liked by 1 person

CJ Dawn responded:
      January 27, 2016 at 8:53 am

I’m always interested in books set in other countries (and I would love to visit Australia someday)! I’ll definitely check out your list. Thanks for sharing!

Natalie @Natflix&Books said:
    January 26, 2016 at 2:08 pm

I loved both Modern Romance and Furiously Happy. I need to read both Wolf by Wolf and The Accident Season. There were a ton of 2015 books that I wanted to read but just didn’t get to.
    My TTT

Liked by 1 person

Charnell @ Reviews from a Bookworm said:
    January 26, 2016 at 1:47 pm

YAY! Great choice of topic this week. I always love freebie week as people always do such amazing topics! I missed so many 2015 releases, I need to hurry up and get to them. I’ve highly recommend A Court of Thorns and Roses, I LOVED that book.

Here’s my TTT post if you want to check it out. I picked non-book romances I would love to see get book adaptations.

Liked by 1 person

CJ Dawn responded:
      January 26, 2016 at 4:12 pm

A Court of Thorns and Roses is pretty high on my to-read list. I’m hoping I get to it very soon. I’ve been hearing so many good things about it!

_giovannard said:
    January 26, 2016 at 11:03 am

I love Aziz Ansari, he is hilarious! I need to pick up his book soon! Great Top 10!

My TTT! 🙂

Weird Girl and What’s His Name.

Liked by 1 person

Carrie said:
    January 26, 2016 at 10:28 am

I still want to read several of these too – here’s hoping for more time! 😀 My TTT

Liked by 1 person

CJ Dawn responded:
      January 26, 2016 at 3:59 pm

Ah time, there just never seems to be enough for all the books I want to read! Haha.

Liked by 1 person

SciFi and Scary said:
    January 26, 2016 at 9:35 am

My partner recently read Head Full of Ghosts and he loved it. I’ll get around to it eventually.
    My TTT

Liked by 1 person

CJ Dawn responded:
      January 26, 2016 at 3:56 pm

I feel like this one snuck past me when it was first released, then all of a sudden I started hearing so many good things about it. I can’t wait to find time to read it.

Liked by 1 person