I’m still kind of getting back into the swing of things here. I only finished three books in January, which is kind of shameful given my usual pace. However, that’s three more than I finished in December, so I’d say I’m doing much better. I still haven’t written reviews for the books I read this month; I hope to get around to that soon for at least one or two of them.
Books Read in January:
- My Life on the Road by Gloria Steinem – This was the first book chosen for Emma Watson’s new book club, and I really enjoyed it.
- Night Watch by Sergei Lukyenko – The January read for my book club. I had read it years ago, but enjoyed it more the second time around.
- Is Fat Bob Dead Yet? by Stephen Dobyns – This book was a refreshing change of pace from what I usually read.
- Truthwitch by Susan Dennard – I have heard so many great reviews of this book that I couldn’t wait any longer to read it. I haven’t gotten very far yet, but I’m really looking forward to seeing what it’s like!
- Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor – This is another book that I heard a lot of good things about, even from friends who may not usually enjoy YA books. It took a while, but I finally started to get into it about halfway through.
- Sandman Slim by Richard Kadrey – This is the February read for my book club. I had read it and really enjoyed it several years ago, but now I’m rereading to refresh my memory before our meeting.
Reading List for February:
Honestly, I haven’t given a lot of thought to what I’d like to try to read in February. I’m just excited I’m finally getting into my groove again, albeit slowly. Here’s a few that are pretty high on my TBR pile:
- Head Full of Ghosts by Paul Tremblay – I picked up an ARC of this when I saw it laying on a table at the book store, and one of my managers told me it was really good (and he loves these kind of books) so I’ve been looking forward to reading it. I just haven’t been able to get to it yet. I hope soon, because I’m so curious about it and I’ve heard so many good things.
- The Accident Season by Moira Fowley-Doyle – The ARC for this has been sitting on my TBR pile for months and I meant to get to it before Christmas, but then I got super distracted and barely read anything for two months. Hopefully I’ll be getting to this one soon.
- Trigger Warning by Neil Gaiman – I know. I KNOW. How can I call myself a Neil Gaiman fan when I STILL haven’t read all of Trigger Warning? This needs to happen soon. I am ashamed.
- Kingdom of Scars by Eoin Macken – am a big fan of Eoin Macken, whom Merlin fans will recognize as Gwaine (He’s also on NBC’s Night Shift). The Irish actor released his first novel last year, and I cannot wait to finally read it.
- Cinder (The Lunar Chronicles Book 1) by Marissa Meyer – I have had so many people tell me that they really enjoyed The Lunar Chronicles, so I’m going to try to finally check out the first book of the series.
Will I get to all these books this month? Probably not. But you’ll have to check back throughout the month to see.
1 thought on “Recapping Reads: January in Review”
I cannot wait to get My Life on the Road! My library is taking forever. I loved Daughter of Smoke & Bone, but just realized I never finished that series. I need to get on that!
LikeLiked by 1 person