February Book Haul

Posted on

My budget has been extremely tight lately, so I’ve been trying very hard not to spend a lot of money on books, but as you can probably surmise that’s not easy for me. I was doing fairly well, then in the past week alone I’ve bought five new books that will be added to my TBR pile (like I need any more books for my TBR pile). My one consolation is that nearly every book on this list was purchased either as a bargain book or used.

Here is my overall book haul for the month of February (as usual, I managed to buy more books than I actually read this month):

• February Book HaulThe Color Purple by Alice Walker – The February read for Emma Watson’s book club.
  • Twisted Sisters by Jennifer Lancaster – The only book by Lancaster I have not yet read.
  • The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern – The April read for my scifi/fantasy book club.
  • Queen of the Tearling by Erika Johansen – I’ve been told so many times I need to read this.
  • Days of Blood and Starlight by Laini Taylor – I wasn’t thrilled by the first book, but am still curious about the series.
  • The Last Unicorn by Peter S. Beagle – It’s a classic and I feel I need to read it.
  • Me Before You by JoJo Moyes – I’ve been hearing a lot about this novel lately and was curious.

One of my goals for 2016 is to only buy books that I’m going to read right away, so hopefully I get through this stack quickly (though only three are on my current reads and/or TBR list for March. We’ll see what I accomplish. Which ones interest you most out of this stack? What books have you recently picked up and can’t wait to read?

10 thoughts on “February Book Haul

Joey @ thoughts and afterthoughts said:
    February 29, 2016 at 10:45 pm

Me Before You is going to be one of those adaptations I’ll end up watching the film for over reading haha (and perhaps that’s where all the buzz has come from lately).

Liked by 1 person

CJ Dawn responded:
      March 1, 2016 at 10:52 am

I thought about that, but then decided I wanted to read the book first because if it’s going to make me cry, then I want to know before I go into the theater, haha. I’m about halfway through and it’s pretty good so far.

Reticent Mental Property said:
    February 29, 2016 at 8:37 pm

Me before You will keep you thinking. Loved it.

Liked by 1 person

Reticent Mental Property said:
    February 29, 2016 at 8:37 pm

Night Circus will charm you…what a beautiful imagination in that one…

Liked by 1 person

CJ Dawn responded:
      March 1, 2016 at 10:51 am

I actually have read it before, and am extremely excited it’s a read for my book club so I have an excuse to read it again. It is such a wonderful book.

Liked by 1 person

Book Club Mom said:
    February 29, 2016 at 8:32 pm

Looks like some good reading! I’ve read a few of those, The Night Circus and Me Before You. I read The Color Purple a long time ago. I enjoyed all three of those!

Liked by 1 person

CJ Dawn responded:
      March 1, 2016 at 10:50 am

I have read The Night Circus before and adored it. I’m looking forward to having an excuse to reread it.

Liked by 1 person

Zezee said:
    February 29, 2016 at 6:46 pm

The Night Circus is such a wonderful book. I read a few weeks ago and loved it. The circus was wonderful.

Nicole.Ilene said:
    February 29, 2016 at 5:53 pm

I also just bought The Night Circus and Me Before You! I’ve been curious about Queen of the Tearling for a couple years now, ever since a friend told me I should read it. Haven’t gotten there yet … Great book haul! 🙂

Liked by 1 person

CJ Dawn responded:
      March 1, 2016 at 10:50 am

I have a friend who is practically forcing me to read Queen of the Tearling because she says it’s so good. Fortunately I found a nice hardcover in the bargain section at the bookstore where I work!

Liked by 1 person