I wanted February to be a better month for reading than January, but in the end I think it may have actually been worse. I barely finished any of the books I was reading at the start of the month, and I certainly didn’t make a dent in my intended reading list for February.
Books Read in February:
- Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor – I sadly didn’t enjoy this as much as I had hoped, but I’m curious enough to continue the series.
- Truthwitch by Susan Dennard – My review of this will be posted soon, but this is another that I just didn’t love as much as I was expecting.
DNF in February:
- Sandman Slim by Richard Kadrey – Now, to be fair I have already read this book years ago and enjoyed it. However I was hoping to completely reread it before the February meeting of my book club (in which we would be discussing the novel). I unfortunately did not get it finished in time, and decided I have too many other books on my TBR list to continue attempting a reread at this point.
- Me Before You by JoJo Moyes – I heard so much about this book after the movie trailer came out that I had to give it a chance. I’m about 1/3 of the way through by now and it’s pretty good so far.
- The Lies of Locke Lamora by Scott Lynch – This is the March choice for my book club and I am loving it so far. It’s the first book in months I’ve really felt like I don’t want to put down.
- The Color Purple by Alice Walker – This was the February book for Emma Watson’s book club, but I am just getting started on it now. I know this book is a classic, but I’ve never read it before.
Reading List for March:
This is almost exactly the same as my reading list for February, since I didn’t get to any of the books on my list. The only difference is the addition of the book selected by my book club for our April meeting.
- Head Full of Ghosts by Paul Tremblay – I picked up an ARC of this when I saw it laying on a table at the book store, and one of my managers told me it was really good (and he loves these kind of books) so I’ve been looking forward to reading it. I just haven’t been able to get to it yet. I hope soon, because I’m so curious about it and I’ve heard so many good things.
- The Accident Season by Moira Fowley-Doyle – The ARC for this has been sitting on my TBR pile for months and I meant to get to it before Christmas, but then I got super distracted and barely read anything for two months. Hopefully I’ll be getting to this one soon.
- Trigger Warning by Neil Gaiman – I know. I KNOW. How can I call myself a Neil Gaiman fan when I STILL haven’t read all of Trigger Warning? This needs to happen soon. I am ashamed.
- Kingdom of Scars by Eoin Macken – am a big fan of Eoin Macken, whom Merlin fans will recognize as Gwaine (He’s also on NBC’s Night Shift). The Irish actor released his first novel last year, and I cannot wait to finally read it.
- Cinder (The Lunar Chronicles Book 1) by Marissa Meyer – I have had so many people tell me that they really enjoyed The Lunar Chronicles, so I’m going to try to finally check out the first book of the series.
- The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern – I read this book years ago and absolutely loved it. I’m excited it was chosen for my book club’s April meeting as I love having an excuse to read it again.
So here’s hoping I get a little further in March than I did in February. It is a little longer, so maybe I’ll have a chance? We’ll see. What books did you read last month?