Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Today’s topic is All-Time Favorite shows, or any other TV-related variation.
It has been months since I’ve done a Top Ten and I’ve really missed it. But I started working a different schedule that’s made it a little more difficult for me to keep up with these Tuesday posts. However, I’ve decided to make an effort to change that.
I find it an amusing coincidence that the first Top Ten I’m attempting after my hiatus is TV-related. I am as big a fan of TV as I am of books. However, over the past year I’ve been trying to cut down on the number of shows I attempt to watch each season because I simply don’t have time for everything. And, last week we took the plunge and cut off our cable entirely. Now I’ll be relying on streaming services to feed my television addiction.
Since I won’t have the ability to watch any shows live next season, and I’m a huge spoilerphobe, I’ve decided my list will be the Top Ten Shows For Which I Will Withdraw From Society in Order to Avoid Spoilers.
Seriously, I will hurt anyone who spoils any of these:
- The Walking Dead – The mere thought that I won’t be able to watch this season’s premiere is already affecting my anxiety. I have to know who Negan killed, but I DO NOT want to find out online.
- Game of Thrones – I’m actually used to avoiding spoilers for this one as I rarely got to watch the show live anyway. Fortunately, I’ve learned how to do this successfully since the Red Wedding incident.
- How to Get Away With Murder – Interestingly enough, this isn’t my usual genre of show but I am completely hooked. This was one I had to watch live last year because I couldn’t bare the thought of being spoiled.
- Doctor Who – The hardest part of this one is the time difference between the UK and US airings – I have to go offline hours before it even airs in the US just to avoid spoilers coming over from the UK.
- Sherlock – I have the same problem with this as Doctor Who – I have to avoid spoilers before it’s even aired in the US.
- Arrow – This show has managed to keep me on the edge of my seat for 4 years, and it’s still going strong. I love how the storyline is still action-packed and unpredictable. Don’t anyone even THINK about spoiling this for me.
- The Flash – I feel the same way about this one. The plot has remained fresh and new and I never see what’s coming before it happens. I’m super curious about next season and will be actively avoiding any and all spoilers.
- Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. – I’m actually still behind on last season (four episodes to go…) but I’ve managed to avoid most spoilers (the one I’ve heard vague reference to makes me very sad) so far. I’ll have to do the same next season as well.
- Once Upon a Time – I’m in the same boat here as with S.H.I.E.L.D. I’ve missed half of last season, but have managed to avoid most spoilers (except, again, one that makes me very sad). I’m currently trying to catch up on Hulu.
- Supernatural – I’ve actually gotten a little more relaxed with this one, but I still don’t want to hear anything about it if I can help it.
So there’s my list. What shows do you hate having spoiled for you? Or what’s your worst spoiler experience? Let me know in the comments and share your Top Tens!
Also: Stop by my review of Saving Phoebe Murrow by Herta Feely and enter my giveaway to win your very own copy of the book!