the fifth petal
Well, I have to confess this year’s ARC August (hosted by Read.Sleep.Repeat. ) was not nearly as successful as last year. I only read a grand total of four (!) books this month, much less than the nine I had hoped to get through (and the 11 ARCs I read last August). But sometimes life just gets in the way and you have to roll with it. Hopefully life will slow down soon and I can get back into my reading groove!
Read in August:
- All the Missing Girls by Megan Miranda – This book was definitely a page-turner.
- Behind Closed Doors by B.A. Paris – I was not a fan.
- A Hundred Thousand Worlds by Bob Proehl – Fun at times, but overall a disappointment.
Review to Come:
- The Fifth Petal by Brunonia Barry – This is a great read for anyone interested in the Salem Witch Trials. However, it won’t be published until January so I will hold my review until then.
- Saving Phoebe Murrow by Herta Feely – I’ll be participating in my first-ever blog tour for this novel, so stop back in next Tuesday!
- The Weird Sisters by Eleanor Brown – I started this in July, but set it aside for ARC August. I’m looking forward to picking it back up now, I had liked what I read so far.
- The Sudden Appearance of Hope by Claire North – I swear I will finish this book this month even if it kills me.
September Reading List:
I’m almost hesitant to even bother making a September list, since I’ve been so bad at following my reading lists the last couple months, but I like having something to strive towards, so we’ll give it a shot – although I think I’ll keep it down to five this time.
- Open Season by Archer Mayor – I promised my boyfriend months ago I would give this series a try, so this will be up first in September once I finish my current reads.
- Truly Madly Guilty by Liane Moriarty – This has been sitting on my stack since the day it came out and I’m looking forward to it.
- My Grandmother Asked Me to Tell You She’s Sorry by Frederik Backman – I loved Britt-Marie Was Here and can’t wait to read this one.
- The Cuckoo’s Calling by Robert Galbraith (aka J.K. Rowling) – I’ve been wanting to read this book for a very long time.
- Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte– I meant to read this over the summer, but never got to it. Hopefully I will now.
And there you go! I wish my ARC August had been more successful, but it is what it is. Hopefully I’ll still get around to each of those ARCs I had planned to read sooner rather than later.